Tuesday 4 September 2007

Useful phrases and expressions

As a native speaker of French, I found it useful when observing other teachers to jot down some expressions and phrases that will help me communicate better with the students. Have a look!

To reach a higher level, you need to.....
Just go for it, you are not going to lose anything....
Time limit
It does not matter if you got it wrong.
We learn from our mistakes.
What makes you think that.......
As a group we will need to work a bit more on ........
Your concentration is appaling.
Behave if you do not want to find yourself at lunch time.
Don’t think you will go away with it.
I am afraid I will be strict on the homework.
There is no excuse whatsoever.
I am very disappointed that.......
It is not worth lying. Don’t try to make excuses. Just be honest with me.
Settle down please.
What I want you to do........
Pay careful attention to........
Bear that in mind.........
You should not be talking to your partner.
It does not matter if you have not finished that.
What I want to draw your attention to is..........
There should not be any chatting.
Planners out we need to make a note of the homework.
If you want to impress the examiner.......
That is what is going to get you top marks.
We quicken up the process a bit.

No comments: